- 1.What Are Clinical Trials?
- 2.Who Sponsors Clinical Trials?
- 3.Why Are Clinical Trials Important?
- 4.How Do Clinical Trials Work?
- 5.Who Can Participate in Clinical Trials?
- 6.What To Expect During a Clinical Trial
- 7.What Are the Possible Benefits and Risks of Clinical Trials?
- 8.How Do Clinical Trials Protect Participants?
- 9.Finding Clinical Trials
- 10.Links to Other Information About Clinical Trials
If you’re interested in learning more about, or taking part in, clinical trials, talk with your doctor. He or she may know about studies on your disease or condition and whether they’re in your area.
You also can visit the following Web sites to learn more about clinical research and to search for clinical trials:
For more information about clinical trials for children, visit the NHLBI’s Children and Clinical Studies Web page.